Browse by tag:
One of the best craftsmen in japan.
Takeshi Nishimura is one of the most skillful craftsmen in Japan. He is a renowned Yuzen Chokoku artists.
Takeshi Nishimura respects the traditional Japanese craftworks, but also tries to creates new style of products.
About Yuzen Chokoku
Yuzen is a way of dyeing clothes which is traditionally handed down from Edo period(1603-1868). Kyoto is a famous place for Yuzen. And chokoku means "carving".
In Yuzen dyeing, carved paper patterns are used to design the clothes for kimono or other products.
Takeshi Nishimura is the top craftsman in Yuzen Chokoku. His technique of paper carving is literally amazing. By using the skills of Yuzen Chokoku, Nishimura creates arts of Japanese traditional patterns, landscapes patterns, or portrays which inspires a feeling of “a warm heart”, ”comfort”, or “a hear of Japanese”.
And he started creating not only simple paper patterns for Yuzen but daily use products with the skill of Yuzen Chokoku.
Takeshi Nishimura Profile
1967, studied with his father · Yukichi Nishimura. Take over all the techniques of Yuzen sculpture engaged in the Yuzen sculpture industry.
- Recognized as the first “Master Artisan of the Future” of Kyoto city
- Exhibition representative at the Kyoto Prefecture Messe Section of Tokyo Ginza Gallery
- Participated in “Kyotoimanowa project” produced by Kotaro Nishibori
- Exhibitor at the “Kyoto Contemporary” Exhibition, produced by Kotaro Nishibori in Shanghai and Paris
- Exhibitor at the “Contemporary” Exhibition at Mitsukoshi Department Store in Ebisu
- Exhibitor at the “100% Shanghai” Exhibition in Shanghai
- Exhibitor at theBusiness Negotiations Exhibition in Paris, France
- Exhibitor at the “Triumphal Exhibition” at Isetan Department Store in Shinjuku
- Exhibitor at the “Show of the Works by Master Artisan of the Future” at miyakomesse in Kyoto
- Exhibitor and Seller at the Exhibition at Mitsukoshi Department Store in Nihonbashi (1st Floor main entrance area)
- Exhibitor and Seller at the Interior Life Style China in Shanghai
- Exhibitor and Seller at the Chie Business Messe in Aoyama
- Exhibitor and Seller at the “genten” in Firenze, Italy